POSITION: SUBARU/LEAVE NO TRACE TRAVELING TRAINERS
SALARY: Monthly salary plus all travel expenses, gear, and apparel for life on the road.
CLOSING DATE: January 8th, 2008
SEND RESUME & COVER LETTER TO:
Subaru/Leave No Trace Traveling Trainers
Leave No Trace
P.O. Box 997
Boulder, CO 80306
jobs@LNT.org (subject: Traveling Trainers)
***NO CALLS PLEASE***
SUBARU/LEAVE NO TRACE TRAVELING TRAINERS
Leave No Trace is seeking a dedicated, savvy, dynamic team of educators (only teams of two are accepted as applicants) for seasonal traveling positions. Leave No Trace is an international nonprofit organization dedicated to the responsible enjoyment and active stewardship of natural lands worldwide by all people. The Traveling Trainers travel throughout the U.S. teaching and promoting minimum impact techniques to outdoor enthusiasts of all experience levels. The Subaru/Leave No Trace Traveling Trainers reach millions of individuals annually, promoting stewardship of the outdoors, and supporting active lifestyles. The Subaru/Leave No Trace Traveling Trainers program is an established, well-respected education and outreach program that is in high demand across the country.
Couples and pre-paired teams only apply. We will not place individuals in a team.
The Subaru/Leave No Trace Traveling Trainers, sponsored by Subaru, represent the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics as goodwill ambassadors. The teams will present special programs for diverse groups such as youth serving organizations, land managers, students, hiking, bicycling, climbing and other user groups, outdoor retailers, and general public. Scheduled stops include trade and consumer shows, special events, trail projects, volunteer events, and other related events. Throughout the season, the team will keep a monthly on-line journal and communicate regularly with those interested in learning more about Leave No Trace. Teams must represent the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics, the Subaru/Leave No Trace Traveling Trainer program, and Subaru of America in a positive and professional manner at all times.
Team members will be outfitted with apparel, equipment and supplies necessary for teaching and camping, as well as communicating electronically. Compensation package includes food and lodging expenses, and monthly salary. Part time employment (6.5 months) and travel will begin without exception, March 14th, 2008 and run through September 2008.
Education and Technical Requirements
* Bachelor Degree in a related field and at least two-years of teaching experience
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
* Recommended outdoor recreation skills set include: hiking, backpacking, canoeing/kayaking, mountain biking, rock climbing, winter sports, trail running, travel with pack stock, etc.
* Current Basic First Aid and CPR certification (Wilderness First Responder or WEMT preferred)
* Formal Leave No Trace Training (Master Educator preferred)
* Availability to travel without exception, continuously from early to mid March 2008 through September 2008
* Personal budgeting and expense tracking skills
* Macintosh computer and digital camera proficiency
Leadership and Interpersonal Requirements:
* Direct experience teaching, guiding and instructing (outdoor settings preferred)
* High level of motivation, energy, creativity and professionalism
* Charismatic and entertaining public speaking and verbal communication skills
* Ability to deal with an evolving and sometimes unpredictable itinerary
* Excellent time-management skills
For more information, visit www.LNT.org
To apply please submit the following by 1/8/08
1. A joint cover letter, 2 page maximum
2. Resumes for each team member, 2 page maximum per person
**other information and/or material are not necessary or accepted
Subaru/Leave No Trace Traveling Trainer Program
C/O Leave No Trace
PO Box 997
Boulder Co, 80306
No calls please
Leave No Trace is an equal opportunity employer.
THE SUBARU/LEAVE NO TRACE TRAVELING TRAINER PROGRAM
Currently in its 12th year, the Subaru/Leave No Trace Traveling Trainers, 2 teams of professional outdoor educators, have reached over 10 million people in 48 states with Leave No Trace education and training.